May 18, 2017
Who says that protecting sensitive data has to be complicated and time consuming? At Safetica, we believe that quality data protection should be affordable and easy to implement and manage—without additional IT resources or disruptions.
So, we are very excited to bring you Safetica 7.5—our most user-friendly version to date!
Let’s have a look at the most significant updates:
- Save substantial implementation time with simplified data tagging
- Prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information with enhanced BitLocker encryption management
- Understand company network traffic even better with detailed application visibility
- Guided regulatory compliance security settings help you prepare for new data protection rules
- And much more! (see the full list at the end of this article)
Faster DLP data tagging and clear, informative pop-ups
Safetica 7.5 brings a big change in how you configure DLP rules. We’ve further simplified the process, so now all you need to know is where sensitive data comes from (website, application or a path), and Safetica will guide you through the rest of the configuration. You still have the option to make the rule as complex or as simple as you need, but it will take you half the time thanks to the new approach.
Now you can run any rule in test mode to determine the effects of each rule before setting them into action. We’ve also added intelligent analysis of related URL addresses which saves you time when creating your DLP policies.
On the user side, Safetica 7.5 brings new pop-ups that explain in detail why an action was blocked or restricted, and you can even change the location of the pop-ups so that they don’t overlap important parts of business applications:
Revised Bitlocker management
We’ve listened to your feedback. You find our BitLocker management useful, but sometimes difficult to manage on larger deployments. Safetica 7.5 now contains all-new BitLocker management for computers (full disk encryption) and for devices such as flash drives.
The new management view and logic means that BitLocker management is now easily deployable in small and large networks alike, with features including intelligent support for various versions of Microsoft Windows, the ability to take over BitLocker management from the default Microsoft interface, and easy management of flash drives and other removable storage even when there are hundreds of devices on the network.
Improved Network Activity logs
Another area we’ve improved is the Auditor module, and this time we’ve focused on network monitoring to better help you understand what is going on in your organization. For example, have you ever wondered why your network is overloaded at certain times or why your Skype quality drops once in a while? Safetica now shows you not just the amount of data transferred over time for each computer, but also which specific applications are sending and receiving the data.
This breakdown of network statistics is a great addition to any Security Analysis or a Proof of Concept report, and a useful tool for admins looking to analyze and optimize the usage of their networks.
WebSafetica has added several new features in this release, most notably in the reporting functionality. We now have all-new automatic reports that are user-configurable, don’t have a size limit, and contain new design and content.
If you are using Productivity reports, you’ll appreciate the ability to easily change categories and productivity levels for applications and websites.
The goal of these changes is to make WebSafetica the most user-friendly management and administration tool for day-to-day use.
Get valuable help with preparing for regulatory compliance
If you have clients or offices in Europe, you have surely heard about the upcoming data protection regulations by now, and most likely you’ve already started preparing to comply with this regulation.
Safetica 7.5 makes these preparations easy with pre-configured Monitoring, Application, Web Control and DLP scenarios. You can enable these automatically during your first installation of Safetica.
Another part of Safetica that is closely related to these regulations is improved support of BitLocker, which will help you enable encryption in your network. We’ve also crated a new view of Safetica’s records in the Web console, focusing specifically at those records that are related to data protected by these new protocols.
Main changes and improvements in Safetica 7.5
- New DLP classification
- Ability to tag files based on their source in network path
- Effective tagging of network files (one client at a time)
- Option to tag network files with a specific user’s credentials
- Improved distribution
- New end-user pop-up messages
- New BitLocker UI for Devices and Disks
- Ability to take over a BitLocker environment
- Detection of BitLocker capabilities per OS
- Support for new types of card readers
- Network interface honors redirects across all features (Supervisor, DLP rules, etc.)
- Full upload/download control for Microsoft Edge
- Recommended settings for compliance regulations in installation wizard
- Default view for regulation reports in WebSafetica
- The addition of Contextual Troubleshooting Tips
- Full Spanish localization
- New information about insufficient integration levels for Auditor, Supervisor and DLP features has been added
- Removed direct access to database (for improved security and performance)
- Ability to change category and productivity levels in WebSafetica
- New reports in WebSafetica
- Overview of Safetica agents and clients in WebSafetica
Categorized in: Blog
Tags: safeetica 7.5